Alteryx has a few key tools that allow you to make your workflows design visually appealing.
The primary objects are:
- Comment boxes
- Explorer box
You can also choose to have your workflow run vertically or horizontally This is personal preference in most scenarios I will tend to use horizontal. I have used vertical in some instances where I thought it would be better suited.
Elements of design
- LINE – The linear marks made with a pen or brush or the edge created when two shapes meet.
- SHAPE – A shape is a self contained defined area of geometric (squares and circles), or organic (free formed shapes or natural shapes). A positive shape automatically creates a negative shape.
- DIRECTION – All lines have direction – Horizontal, Vertical or Oblique. Horizontal suggests calmness, stability and tranquillity. Vertical gives a feeling of balance, formality and alertness. Oblique suggests movement and action
- SIZE – Size is simply the relationship of the area occupied by one shape to that of another.
- TEXTURE – Texture is the surface quality of a shape – rough, smooth, soft hard glossy etc.
- COLOUR – Colour is light reflected off objects. Color has three main characteristics: hue or its name (red, green, blue, etc.), value (how light or dark it is), and intensity (how bright or dull it is).